The Strategy and Innovation Office helps our medical center drive and respond to change by providing facilitation, tools, environments, and support.
This takes the forms of facilitating groups through workshops to design solutions, 1-on-1 consulting, participating on project and program teams, and providing tools & workspace, and sharing methods.
Among our resources is our 9,000 square-foot collaborative workspace equipped with rolling whiteboards, technology, supplies, designed for individuals and teams to generate solutions.
Using our Collaboration Space
Use of our Collaboration Space is limited to VUMC-specific efforts. Events require approval on a case-by-case basis for active collaboration and design work. The space is not appropriate for traditional meetings, but some may be approved based on availability.
- To request space without facilitation services: Click here for the request form (Microsoft Word format)
- To request facilitation services: Email email@example.com with a description of your need
We are located at 3401 West End Ave, Suite 290.
- You enter the building from the garage on Acklen Ave. (click here for map)
- The front entrance on West End is not accessible to visitors.
Dave Calkins, PhD, Assistant Vice President for Research
Krista Chavarria, Executive Assistant
Steven Weissenburger, MEd, Senior Consultant
Taylor Avery, Program Manager
Point of contact for the Collaboration Space
Mary-Margaret (Meg) Chren, MD, Strategic Advisor for [Academic] Departmental Strategic Planning
Department Chair and Professor of Dermatology
- If you are on main campus, please use the shuttle. There are two shuttle routes to our area. One drops off at 3401 West End, the other nearby at Crystal Terrace (3319 West End Ave).
3401 West End
3401 West End
Click here for detailed schedules from other Main Campus locations
- Other visitors may park in the garage. The garage is located behind the building on Acklen Drive.
- Parking is open 6 am - 8 pm and is limited.
- Everyone must enter through Level B, 3rd floor.
- Bring your parking ticket in to be validated. Note: We may not validate parking for Vanderbilt-affiliated people from main campus when shuttles are running.
- Bikes: Lock your bike on the rack in the parking garage and use the visitors entrance. The building management does not allow bikes in the building.