Martin Blakely, MD, MS
Patient Care Emphasis
Dr. Blakely specializes in surgical therapies for premature neonates, and actively pursues clinical trials in pediatric surgery, one of which resulted in a K23 Career Development Award from NIH.
Dr. Blakely received his B.S. degree from Rhodes College, Memphis, Tenn. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, and his M.S. degree in clinical research at the University of Texas, Schools of Public Health and Medicine.
Dr. Blakely served as chief resident in general and pediatric surgery during his residencies at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine. He later went on to complete his postdoctoral research fellowship in immunology at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Pediatric Surgery Association, Fellow
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- Society of University Surgeons
- Harwell Wilson Surgical Society
- Southern Surgical Association