Project Access Nashville connects the uninsured to primary care safety net clinics that serve patients based on their ability to pay.  The network of providers offer and array of primary care services, which include disease management, treatment of acute episodic conditions and access to pharmacy services.  There are also specialty care services offered to those who qualify.

Through Project Access Nashville, you can find a clinic that meets your needs based on location, hours of operation, language and charges.  We can also help you find dental care and provide information on local mental health providers that serve the uninsured.




If you are uninsured and living in Davidson County, Project Access Nashville is here to help you. PAN is a collaborative effort between the Nashville Academy of Medicine, the Metro Public Health Department and the Family & Children’s Service.


How to Get Help

You can register for health care by calling (615) 313-9972 (Health Assist), or if you would like to choose a clinic by having an in-person conversation with Project Access Nashville staff, you can visit us at Lentz Public Health Center in Room 117.  

You can also pick up a Project Access Nashville application at any local health department.  We will provide you with information about the location, services, hours of operation and charges of the clinic you select.  Additionally, we also provide information about how to obtain prescription medications for a nominal co-payment either at the medical home clinic you select or at the Project Access Nashville pharmacy.


How to see a specialist

You could qualify to see a specialist through Project Access Nashville Specialty Care.  The doctor at your assigned clinic must send a referral to the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office.  PAN Specialty Care staff will review the referral to see if you are eligible for a specialist based on your income.  If you qualify, an appointment will be scheduled with a specialist.

For more information on specialty care, please call (615) 712-6237 or visit their website.