Mainframe Service is defined as a service that facilitates the implementation of applications hosted by a mainframe, and provides applications access to the mainframe, or allows sharing of mainframe data.
Application implementation examples include:
- Upgrading mainframe system components
- Enabling mainframe system features
- Modifying mainframe system components to assist with application upgrades
- Troubleshooting mainframe hosted application issues where application troubleshooting avenues have been exhausted
Application access includes:
- Opening security rules to allow a connection
- Importing Security certificates to connect with external applications over encrypted links
Sharing of mainframe data includes:
- File transfers to share data with mainframe applications or share mainframe hosted data with external vendors
- Use of the network to share mainframe data with VUMC applications
How can I get it?
To obtain Mainframe Service, submit a Pegasus Ticket.
To facilitate the request, also include:
- Project name
- Simple justification for the request
- Any documentation relevant to the request (can be added as an attachment to the Request)