|Supporting System Innovations to Empower Well-Being|
VUMC Affinity Groups
- VWell Connect - An online portal to connect members of the Vanderbilt community with shared activity interests such as hiking, golf, tennis, running, etc.
- Women in Academic Emergency Medicine - Addressing the unique challenges of women in Emergency Medicine
- Women on Track - Promoting mentorship, support, and career education for advancement of tenure track women faculty in medical science and to construct a framework from which to attract and retain talented women from the house staff and post-doctoral levels of our organization.
- VMS Literature Arts and Medicine (LAM) - Hosted by the Vanderbilt School of Medicine, the VMS Literature Arts and Medicine (LAM) Group exists to promote engagement and enjoyment of the creative arts and to foster community around creative expression at VUSM.
- Tennessee Valley Agrarian Poetry Prose and Philosophic Society - Attended by faculty, trainees and medical students, this group provides attendees the opportunity to engage in a creative writing workshop where participants share their work and offer constructive assistance and feedback in the creative writing process. To be included on the mailing list, faculty, house staff or fellows may email email@example.com.
- Vanderbilt Physician Parent Group - Providing Resources and opportunities to engage with physician-parents at VUMC. To join the group and receive access to shared resources, click here.
- P.R.I.D.E. Resource Group – Established to celebrate the vibrant community of LGBTQ employees at VUMC and to provide them with the resources needed for growth and development. The P.R.I.D.E. Resource Group creates a more inclusive workplace through education, communication and mentorship.
- VUMC African American Employee Resource Group – A member-led resource group founded in collaboration with the VUMC Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Human Resources, the AAERG focuses on cultivating teams reflective of our population to empower, motivate, inspire and maximize the potential of African American employees within the organization.
- Latinos Unidos en Vanderbilt – Established to provide support that inspires, empowers, and equips our Hispanic and Latino workforce to achieve excellence. With a focus on making diversity and inclusion intentional in the workplace, the LUV employee resource group is member led.
- VUMC Veterans Employee Resource Group – A member-led resource group, the VUMC Veterans ERG provides opportunities for support, collaboration and learning, as well as mentoring for military service employees. Aligning with the VUMC mission to make diversity and inclusion intentional, the Veterans ERG recognizes that the experience of our military service (Veterans) population is vital to our organization.
- Healthcare Alliance of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (HAAPI) – HAAPI serves to inspire others to promote inclusion by celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander heritage.
- United Voices of Vanderbilt Choir – The United Voices of Vanderbilt mission is to make diversity and inclusion intentional through music throughout the Vanderbilt Medical Center Community to bring joy and happiness.