VIGH faculty and staff provide program management and leadership to training programs in resource-limited settings through innovative multidisciplinary approaches rooted in strong academic research and training, and pragmatic community partnerships.
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) facilitates new international partnerships and works to strengthen existing global relationships involving Vanderbilt faculty, VU centers and institutes, and affiliated institutions at home and around the world.
Programs and opportunities in global health are available for:
- undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral students
- medical and nursing students, residents and fellows
- students, researchers and other professionals from academic and research institutions throughout the world
Current Grant-Funded Programs:
- VECD Fogarty Global Health Fellowships
- UNZA-Vanderbilt Training Partnership for HIV-Nutrition-Metabolic Research (UVP)
- UEM Partnership for Research in Implementation Science Mozambique (PRISM)
- Research Capacity Building in Post-Ebola Countries
- Vanderbilt-Mozambique Collaborative Research Ethics Education Program (FoCEP)
- Vanderbilt Training Program in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology of Cancer (Vanderbilt-MAGEC)
- Vanderbilt-Zambia Network for Innovation in Global Health Technologies (VZNIGHT)
Past Projects and Programs: