This page is a resource for current students in the Epidemiology PhD program. It contains forms that are required by the Graduate School and the PhD program for various stages of the degree program as well as resources to help you in your studies, such as guidelines for preparing your dissertation.
We hope that you find this page useful. Please send any suggestions for this page to the Program Manager.
Forms for the PhD Program
All forms listed below will need to be signed by the Director Of Graduate Studies (and additional faculty in some cases) and returned to the Graduate School, 117 Alumni Hall.
NOTE: When completing forms for the Graduate School, always use the correct title for faculty listed on your forms.
Class Registration Forms
Use the forms below to request approval for module and independent study courses.
Appointing a PhD Committee
Before scheduling your Qualifying Exam, you must appoint a PhD committee. Use this from:
The following forms are used for the Qualifying Exam (also known as the Proposal Defense):
On the day of your Qualifying Exam, bring the Qualifying Exam Results Form with you so that you can get it signed by all of your PhD committee members.
Request to Schedule a Final Defense
You will need to submit a Request to Schedule a Final Defense at least two weeks before your intended defense date. It is also your responsibility to locate and reserve a room for your defense.
The Graduate School outlines the following information on their website regarding dissertation submission:
- For degree conferral at May commencement ceremony, complete the Intent to Graduate Form through the YES Student portal.
- For intra-term degree conferral, complete an Application for Intra-term Graduation Form for the month you plan to graduate. Deadline dates are listed in the table on the Intra-term Graduation website. You may choose to walk in the May commencement ceremony that follows your degree conferral.
- Obtain final approval of your document content from your thesis/dissertation director and committee members.
- Follow the Guidelines set forth in the Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines for assistance with formatting.
- Submit your thesis to VIREO for format review. For questions or to request an in person format review, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following format approval, submit final document via VIREO.
Authors determine the access to their work when creating their VIREO account. The availability can be changed at a later time by the author or by a graduate school staff member, with permission from the author.
Epi PhD Program Dissertation Guidance
The Epi PhD program has provided additional dissertation preparation and submission information below.
***This information and the attached forms are intended to be a resource for you as you progress through the PhD program. Please note that the Graduate School has the most up-to-date forms and guidelines for graduation requirements, and as such will supersede any information listed on this website.***