Security Operations has implemented a secure file transfer (SFT) service solution to meet the privacy needs of the Medical Center. This service is used to help preserve data confidentiality and integrity when transferring files, especially files containing personal health information (PHI).
Web Browser - Use Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser
Outlook Plugin - Use Microsoft Outlook Plug-in to send files directly from your email. The plugin is not available to MAC users.
How to get it
Web Browser - You already have an account. Go to the Accellion Site and log-in.
Outlook Plugin - Contact the VUMC Help Desk at 343-HELP/3-4357 or submit a Pegasus Request for the Accellion Outlook plugin.
More Information about Accellion
- The web browser connects to Accellion using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- The browser allows uploading or downloading of files
- Recipients are notified of the available file(s)
- Sender is notified when the recipient downloads a file
- The Outlook plugin sends the file(s) encrypted from within the email client.
- Max file storage capacity per user = 5000 MB
- Files expire after 30 days
- Files greater than 2048 MB expire after 7 days.
If you receive an error message that reports "Not sufficient space," your account capacity (5000MB) is full and requires manual deletion of files.