The Care You Need Doesn't Have to Wait
As always, our top priority is safety -- for you, our patients, as well as our employees and surrounding community. Our safety practices follow, and in some cases exceed, standards set by government agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We want you to get the care you need while avoiding infection during your visit to VUMC. We’ll do our part to prevent infection. We need you to do your part, too.
Here’s what we’re doing
- All employees are required to wear face masks.
- All employees are screened carefully before being allowed to report to work. This includes temperature checks and detailed screening for symptoms.
- We’re sanitizing rooms between patients and cleaning public areas often.
- We’re changing public spaces to allow everyone keep a safe (6 feet) physical distance. This includes spacing between chairs and limiting the number of people using elevators at one time.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do when you visit one of our hospitals or clinics
- Everyone who comes to VUMC’s hospitals and clinics must wear a face mask. We encourage you to bring yours from home.
- Everyone who comes to VUMC’s hospitals and clinics will be screened before entry. This includes temperature checks and questions about symptoms.
- Patients who are having surgery or other procedures that require general anesthesia will be tested for COVID-19 infection before their procedure.
- Currently, our restricted COVID-19 visitation policy remains in place and our valet parking stations remain closed.
When you are not at VUMC
- Stay home if you can.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently.
- Watch for symptoms, including new cough, shortness of breath and loss of smell or taste.
- If you must go out, wear a mask and keep a safe (6 feet) distance between you and others.
- If you have symptoms, isolate yourself and contact your healthcare provider immediately. Or call the VUMC COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 312-0847.